Thursday, February 01, 2007

I love what I do

For all the times I complain about bad conductors, being overcommitted, singing with professionals who don't always know what they're doing, crappy music and lack of certain other good music, there are times like tonight that remind me how much I really love ensemble singing. We were singing Rheinberger's sublime Mass in E-flat at church with just our paid core singers. Oh the thrill of sight-reading a tricky piece, realising that I do actually hear all of the sexy harmonic shifts (and believe me, there are a ton in this piece) and listening to my fellow singers who get it making the most beautiful sounds...at 10:00 at night after a 2 1/2 hour rehearsal! It doesn't happen often enough, but when it does, wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home